Oral health is critical to overall well-being, and it becomes even more important as people age. However, dental care can be expensive, and many senior citizens cannot afford the high costs of dental treatment. Fortunately, the American Association of Retired Persons (AARP) now offers dental plans specifically designed for senior citizens. In this blog, we will explore the benefits of these plans and why senior citizens should consider signing up for them.
What is AARP Dental Insurance
AARP Dental Insurance is a dental insurance plan offered by the American Association of Retired Persons (AARP). It is designed to provide comprehensive dental coverage to seniors, as well as their spouses and dependents. The plan is offered in partnership with Delta Dental Insurance Company, which is one of the largest dental insurance providers in the United States.
The AARP Dental Insurance plan offers a wide range of benefits, including coverage for preventive care, such as cleanings and exams, as well as coverage for restorative care, such as fillings and crowns. The plan also covers orthodontic treatment, dentures, and implants. In addition, members of the plan have access to a large network of dental providers, which can help them save money on out-of-pocket costs.
Why is Dental Insurance Important for Senior Citizens?
As people age, they are more likely to experience dental problems, such as tooth decay, gum disease, and tooth loss. These problems can lead to more serious health issues, such as heart disease, stroke, and diabetes. It is, therefore, essential for senior citizens to receive regular dental care to maintain their oral health and prevent these problems from occurring.
However, dental care can be expensive, and many senior citizens do not have the financial resources to pay for it. Medicare, the government-funded health insurance program for senior citizens, does not cover most dental services, leaving many seniors without adequate dental coverage. This lack of coverage can lead to delayed treatment, which can exacerbate dental problems and lead to more significant health issues.
That’s where AARP Dental Insurance comes in. By providing comprehensive dental coverage, AARP Dental Insurance can help senior citizens get the care they need to maintain their oral health and prevent more serious health problems from occurring.
What are the Benefits of AARP Dental Insurance?
There are many benefits to signing up for AARP Dental Insurance, including:
- Comprehensive Coverage: AARP Dental Insurance offers comprehensive coverage for a wide range of dental services, including preventive care, restorative care, and orthodontic treatment.
- Cost Savings: Members of the plan can save money on out-of-pocket costs by using the network of dental providers who have agreed to accept the plan’s negotiated fees.
- No Waiting Period: There is no waiting period for preventive care services, so members can receive the care they need right away.
- Easy Enrollment: Signing up for AARP Dental Insurance is easy and can be done online or by phone
- No Age Limits: There are no age limits or restrictions on who can enroll in the plan, making it a great option for senior citizens of all ages.
- Large Network of Providers: AARP Dental Insurance has a large network of dental providers, including over 156,000 dentists and dental specialists across the United States. This means that members of the plan can find a provider near their location easily and receive the care they need.
- Flexibility: The AARP Dental Insurance plan offers members the flexibility to choose from a range of coverage options that suit their individual needs and budget.
- Guaranteed Acceptance: Members of the plan are guaranteed acceptance, which means that they will not be turned down due to pre-existing dental conditions.
- Affordability: AARP Dental Insurance plans are affordable, with premiums starting as low as $8.95 per month. Members can choose from a range of deductibles, co-payments, and coverage limits to suit their budget and dental needs.
What Dental Services are Covered by AARP Dental Insurance?
AARP Dental Insurance covers a wide range of dental services, including:
- Preventive Care: This includes routine cleanings, exams, and X-rays, which are essential for maintaining good oral health.
- Restorative Care: This includes fillings, crowns, bridges, and dentures, which are used to restore damaged or missing teeth.
- Orthodontic Treatment: AARP Dental Insurance covers orthodontic treatment, such as braces and Invisalign, which are used to straighten teeth and correct bite problems.
- Implants: The plan also covers dental implants, which are used to replace missing teeth.
- Endodontic Treatment: This includes root canal therapy, which is used to save damaged or infected teeth.
- Periodontal Treatment: This includes treatment for gum disease, which can lead to tooth loss if left untreated.
- Emergency Dental Care: AARP Dental Insurance also covers emergency dental care, such as treatment for a toothache or a broken tooth.
AARP Dental Insurance is an excellent option for senior citizens looking for comprehensive dental coverage that is affordable and flexible. With a range of coverage options to choose from, members can tailor their plans to suit their individual needs and budget. The plan covers a wide range of dental services, including preventive care, restorative care, orthodontic treatment, and emergency dental care. AARP Dental Insurance also has a large network of dental providers across the United States, making it easy for members to find a provider near their location. By signing up for AARP Dental Insurance, senior citizens can maintain their oral health and prevent more serious health problems from occurring.
What are AARP Dental Plans?
AARP Dental Plans are a range of dental insurance plans designed to provide comprehensive coverage for seniors. These plans are offered by AARP, a non-profit organization that provides a variety of services and benefits to its members. AARP Dental Plans cover preventive care, such as regular check-ups and cleanings, as well as major services like crowns, bridges, and dentures. They also provide coverage for emergency services and orthodontic care. With AARP Dental Plans, seniors can enjoy peace of mind knowing that their dental care needs are taken care of.
What are the benefits of AARP Dental Plans?
AARP Dental Plans offer a variety of benefits for seniors. These plans provide comprehensive coverage for preventive care, major services, and emergency services. They also offer discounts on certain services, such as orthodontic care. Additionally, AARP Dental Plans are designed to be affordable, with premiums that are lower than those of other dental insurance plans.
Who is eligible for AARP Dental Plans?
AARP Dental Plans are available to anyone over the age of 50 who is a member of AARP. Membership in AARP is open to anyone over the age of 50, regardless of income or health status.
How do I enroll in an AARP Dental Plan?
Enrolling in an AARP Dental Plan is easy. You can enroll online or by calling AARP’s customer service line. Once you have enrolled, you will receive a membership card that you can use to access your plan’s benefits.
What is the cost of an AARP Dental Plan?
The cost of an AARP Dental Plan varies depending on the plan you choose. Generally, AARP Dental Plans are more affordable than other dental insurance plans, with premiums that are lower than those of other plans. Additionally, AARP Dental Plans offer discounts on certain services, such as orthodontic care.